EYTYS is looking for an Assistant Footwear Designer to join the team at EYTYS’ HQ in Stockholm.
As an Assistant Footwear Designer at EYTYS you will be responsible for assisting the Creative Director, Senior Footwear Designer and Production/Development team during the creation of our collections.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Partake in the design development for our upcoming collections.
- Preparing technical packages to our suppliers.
- Create 3D renderings of upcoming footwear styles.
- Making design comments on prototypes, SMS, pre-production- and production samples.
- Gathering relevant research and ideas around specific given themes.
- Creating computer sketches communicating ideas through hand drawn sketches, updating sketches based on proto comments, creating seasonal color cards and product colorways, making inspiration boards and keeping overviews updated.
- Support production team in design related questions.
- Travel to factories and suppliers to work on technical footwear development on site.
The ideal candidate has:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in fashion design or product design.
- 1-2 years of experience in the industry with a cross category footwear interest – from high heels to boots and sneakers.
- A hunger to acquire footwear know-how and be up-to-date with the industry.
- Proficient skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and 3D-modeling software.
- A highly creative mind and a strong eye for color and materials.
- Excellent language and concrete communication skills. Fluency in English is a requirement.
- A strong work ethic and a passion for design and functionality.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful under technical limitations.
- A flexible mindset and determination to perform well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Capability to take on responsibilities and work proactively.
- Great confidence but adhere to the benefits of being a team player.
- A personal portfolio showing exceptional talent in footwear design and its technical aspects.
This is a full-time position based out of EYTYS’ head office in Stockholm. Send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Applications without portfolio will not be considered. Application deadline September 15 with start date a.s.a.p.